6 Tips on keeping hydrated
At JOSO we are all about glowing from the inside out. That natural radiance and sparkle that we feel in the inside and radiate on the outside.
Do you know what is one of the biggest contributors to dull lifeless skin is dehydration? Dehydrated skin means that your skin is lacking water. It can feel dry and itchy and appear dull. The overall tone and complexion may appear uneven and those fine lines may become more noticeable.
Think of a nice juicy grape, glowing with plump juiciness and then compare that to a dried up sultana. We are pretty much talking about the same thing.
All easy fixed, drink more water.
Easy I say, but so may people struggle to get in enough water each day so here are some tips to help get that life force enhancing liquid into you.
- Ideally chose filtered water, as you might as well get the filter to take out all the gunk instead of your body.
- The quantity of water that you should have everyday is going to be different for each person and situation. I always suggest to drink at least drink 2 litres a day, add 1 lite more for each hour of exercise. An effective way to monitor if you are getting enough H20 is to keep checking the colour of your urine. You want to aim for clear to very pale yellow.
- A great way to remember to drink all you daily requirement of water is to fill up 1 litre drink bottle and know that you need to fill up and drink 2 to 3 of these a day.
- Herbal teas and green tea are another wonderful way to keep that fluid coming in. Sorry not the same for coffee. It has a diuretic effect and you actually fluid. So, for every cup of coffee you have add in another glass of water to the tally.
- Add a little flavour. You can add a little bit of excitement by steeping fresh fruit (grapefruit, lime, oranges, strawberries, lemon), veggie slices (cucumber, ginger, celery), and herbs (basil, mint, lavender) in. The longer you let it steep, the tastier it will be.
- Using habit tracking apps is great. There are so many good ones but Im loving the Streak App at the moment (https://streaksapp.com/)
Keeping your skin hydrated is super important but overall hydration is incredibly important. Did you know the number 1 reason for fatigue is dehydration? Everything works better when you are hydrated. For example our muscles work better, our brains work better, our digestion even works better.
Clink clink (our glasses of water toasting) to the amazing simple beauty of drinking water.